Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Shouldn't their be a Jewish Imm. Doll?

  1. #1
    americangirl_fan
    Guest americangirl_fan's Avatar

    Lightbulb

    I've thought about it and I think American Girl should have a russian jewish immigrant doll. It should be named Tovah or Katya.
    Post your input! (=

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love that idea!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, good idea! I like the name Tzipporah or Zipporah, too...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Princess_Lyndsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Katya is a cute name. So is Zipporah. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Lyndsi [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member linzystar's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2005
    Posts
    167
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the name Katya! I didn't know it was Jewish. And they should totally have a Jewish doll [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You are right! It would be a very appropriate addition.
    Somehow, Lindsey just doesn't cut it, besides her collections was so tiny!
    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    As someone who is Jewish and whose family came to the US at the turn of the century, I fully agree.This reminds me of the Dear America novel, Dreams in the Golden Country. There is also a Young American Voices book about a girl from Lithuania(Hannah's Journal), which is cool because that is where most of my family is from. Also, there is a porcelin doll series called Ellis Island dolls. They make a whole bunch of Jewish immigrant dolls. I have one of them.

    Some female Jewish name possibilities:
    Esther, Miriam, Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, Leah,

  8. #8
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    I love the name Leah! I also like Minna. Our neighbor who is Jewish is named Dafna. I think Daphne can be Jewish too.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It would be cool if they had a Jewish doll. Nann, I named my AGT#12 Leah!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Rebecca would be a great name for a Jewish Immigrant doll.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •